Verdicts and Settlements
The following are just a few examples of settlements and verdicts we have attained on behalf of our clients. Although we know there is often no amount of money which can compensate for suffering, we hope that, through our efforts, we are able to help ease some of the heartache experienced by our claimants and their families. The lawyers at Folkman Law exhibit unparalleled dedication in every case our firm handles.
- $100,250,000 in a survival claim arising from the beating death of a husband and wife. This verdict was one of the largest personal injury judgments in New Jersey.
- $5,200,000 medical malpractice verdict against ob/gyn for failure to monitor patient, deviation from accepted practices and for injury and failure to repair injury during a procedure.
- $3,000,000 award in wrongful death/survival claim arising from the death of a child struck by his own school bus.
- $1,900,000 award in international commercial case, arbitrated before the International Chamber of Commerce involving non-payment of sales commissions.
- $1,800,000 settlement for a condominium association in a matter against the Superstorm Sandy general contractor who failed to properly repair common areas.
- $1,600,000 present value settlement of whistle blower/employment discrimination case by police officer against former employer/police department and chief of police
- $1,250,000 settlement of oppressed shareholder claim.
- $1,150,000 settlement in a matter where we represented a self-insured group in a suit against their auto insurance third party administrator for professional malpractice.
- $825,000 settlement of emergency room medical negligence case on behalf of the estate of a minor for failure to timely diagnose and treat a potentially deadly medical condition.
- $791,131 judgment against lawyer in legal malpractice case where lawyer stole clients’ funds.
- $779,000 settlement of chemical exposure claim.
- $750,000 settlement of construction accident case where a wall fell on worker causing severe personal injury.
- $710,514 judgment against bar in dram shop case resulting in the death of a young woman hit by the drunk driver.
- $625,000 settlement of sexual abuse case against a pedophile and the pedophile’s employer.
- $625,000 settlement of personal injury claim arising from a motor vehicle accident.
- $509,000 settlement of an insurance coverage dispute.
- $311,000 judgment in breach of contract case.
- $300,000 settlement of legal malpractice case.