Philadelphia Civil Rights Lawyers: Protect Yourself from Proposed Government Limitations on Lawsuits and Damages
Responsibility and accountability — even for the powerful — are rooted into the core of our legal system. Our founders understood that a democracy requires a judicial system that empowers people to protect themselves by holding the powerful to account.
Politicians in the pockets of large corporations and insurance companies have devised a plan specifically aimed at destroying your right to hold those in power accountable for their misdeeds. Their plan is to enact legislation that will destroy your right to use the judicial system to protect yourself. They have introduced bills that, if passed, will enact devastating changes to courts all across the country, including:
- Limiting compensation for injuries caused by medical professionals, including doctors, hospitals, nursing homes, and medical device manufacturers, to $250,000.00, regardless of how much that injury devastated your life or the extent of malfeasance by the medical professional or company.
- Eliminating class-action lawsuits, which would essentially destroy the ability to bring the kinds of cases that keep us safe.
- Eliminating individual State laws regarding lawsuits and forcing all cases to Federal Court.
- Allowing insurance companies to make “payments” rather than paying full compensation.
Folkman Law Offices, P.C. has been protecting the citizens of New Jersey and Pennsylvania by demanding that everyone is treated fairly, regardless of gender, race, or economic status. Please join us in demanding that Congress do the same. We must band together and demand that our elected officials say NO to these outrageous attacks on our rights. Please go to each link below and tell them NO!
- Tell Congress to Vote NO on Anti-Civil Justice Legislation
- Tell Congress to Vote NO on H.R. 985
- Tell Congress to Vote NO on H.R. 1215
The experienced Philadelphia civil rights lawyers at Folkman Law can help protect individuals from discrimination and civil rights injustices. Call us at 856-354-9444, or contact us online to schedule a consultation today.