Cherry Hill Personal Injury Lawyers: Tips for a Safe Halloween
You can almost smell fall in the air; crisp, cool breezes and pumpkin pie lattes means it’s almost time for Halloween. This year, while you’re pondering what costume you’re going to wear or how many guests are coming to your costume party, it is also important to think about Halloween safety. Following are some safety tips so that Halloween can remain a safe and fun day for all:
When trick or treating:
- Trick or treaters under the age of 12 should be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian while trick or treating.
- Remind your children to never enter a home or car for candy.
- Carry a flashlight or glow sticks to help drivers see you and your children. Reflective materials sewn into costumes or goody bags is also a great idea to reduce the risk of a pedestrian accident.
- Inspect your child’s treats before letting them dig into their bounty.
- Only go to homes that have the porch light on. It’s a safety tip as well as a courtesy to the homeowner since many people turn the light off to signal that they don’t want to be bothered.
- Make sure your children have costumes that are comfortable and easy to move around in and do not obstruct their vision. Trick-or-treaters must be able to clearly see other pedestrians and motorists on the road.
- Choose shoes or footwear that are comfortable and do not increase the risk of being involved in a slip and fall accident.
- Always bring a cell phone in case of emergency.
Celebrating safely at home:
- Keep sharp objects and knives away from small children when carving pumpkins. Let them take part in the design, but always do the cutting for them.
- When choosing his or her costume, make sure your child can see clearly if wearing a mask. It’s also a good idea to choose costumes without sharp objects such as knives or swords unless they are flexible and bend easily.
- Pick out flame resistant costumes and decorations if possible.
- If you want to use dry ice for witches brew to serve at a party, do not handle it with bare hands and do not ingest it. Use it for effect only.
Cherry Hill Personal Injury Lawyers at Folkman Law Help Injured Victims Claim Compensation
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident as the result of another person’s negligence, we can help. At Folkman Law, we have secured countless multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for our clients. Call our Cherry Hill personal injury lawyers for a free case review at 856-354-9444 or contact us online.